Hōkai Nuku | MahiMahi related opportunities
Mahi (Work Related) Opportunities
E Ngā Mana, E Ngā Reo, E ngā karangatanga o te motu, Tēna Koutou Katoa
UPDATED Thursday, 25 January – 2018
We are currently looking for a key team member to join us take our development aspirations to the next level.
This position offers awesome variety and a broad scale of exciting work in a supportive environment. The Kaiarahi roles form part of the leadership team in conjunction with the existing Pou Tātaki role. This is an engaging position that requires vigour and passion because our people deserve it and our goals are great! The Hōkai Nuku Office is situated in Pūhoi.
- Fixed term full time ending December 2019.
- Auckland based – 20% based at the Hōkai Nuku office in Pūhoi , 80% field based including co-location in the P2W Project Management Office
The Kaiarahi manages the Kaitiaki workforce to monitor environmental and heritage fieldwork. The ongoing development of a pool of tribal Kaitiaki to implement the cultural monitoring protocol is a priority.
This role requires someone who has experience briefing contractors, leading a team, a working knowledge of site health and safety and the composure to execute protocols confidently while enhancing relationships with our partners. This is a role for someone who thrives on growing the knowledge and commitment of others for iwi ideals. This is a key Hōkai Nuku work stream that has strong support and commitment. “
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Previous field experience.
- A relevant tertiary qualification with 2-5 years relevant experience or similar experience in an iwi environmental management, resource management type role.
- Experience implementing protocols, regulations, cultural indicator type work
- A working knowledge of the Resource Management Act and Health and Safety standards and Regulations
- Someone with proven resilience and the ability to communicate and effect change.
- A methodical and disciplined approach to project plans and regulations
- Courage, confidence and composure are compulsory.
For confidential inquiries please contact Janyne Morrison on 021 659 546, to apply, please send your curriculum vitae together with an application form to Janyne Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: FRIDAY 9TH FEBRUARY – 5 pm Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for interview on Monday 19th February in Auckland.
It’s very rare to have a role of this nature become available! But due to an internal promotion, the Fletcher Acciona Joint Venture is in search for their next Environmental Manager.
This role will require you to:
- Set the strategic direction for all environmental management goals
- Lead and manage a team of highly engaged Environmental advisors
- Oversee compliance & resource consent management processes
- Build effective and enduring relationships with the Regulatory Bodies, Local Iwi & Community Stakeholders
You’ll be engaging and have a leadership style that is encouraging, open and innovative. We, in the Fletcher Acciona Joint Venture, provide for a 4-year long career to really make a difference on this Roads of National Significance project. Your obliging nature & willingness to be hands-on and help out within your team will set you apart.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE OFFICER
This role will require you to:
- Process accurately approved invoices and credit notes into SEO (internal accounting system)
- Assist with the preparation of payment runs – prompt payments, sub-contractor payment processing and end of month payments.
- Processing of expense claims
- Assist with Balance Sheet control accounts
- Assist with GST preparation and filing returns with the IRD
- Assist with FBT information to all OAPs
- Communication to the Construction team the date of the estimated costs required for the month
- Code the estimated costs and collate the information in a spreadsheet for review
DOCKET PROCESSOR / COST ADMINISTRATOR
This role will require you to:
- Be responsible for collecting DAS (Daily Activity Sheet) from site and entering associated info (dockets) into excel spreadsheets. Liaise with Construction Team to be provided with daily DAS for the previous day, to ensure an accurate cost to date in the system at all times.
- Knowing, always, the status of each contract in SEO (internal accounting system), flagging procedures in accordance with the rules and procedures established for this purpose.
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable Team to ease the invoice matching process.
- Contact the supplier/subcontract when facing issues with dockets, if required
- Collating and entering monthly accruals and proformas for the end of the month cost closing in SEO.
- Efficient data entry (only entering information once)
- Assist Fletcher Acciona Joint Venture Cost Control Engineer when necessary
- Organise, coordinate and direct field construction activities in accordance with work schedules whilst constantly monitoring the status of planning and quality activities
- Assess and allocate priorities as necessary
- Maintain close contact with Supervisor and other Foreman to ensure continuity of job progress
- Monitor and review the performance of plant, labour and subcontractors to ensure production targets are met or bettered and take appropriate action as necessary
- Promptly advise management of any issues that could be variations to the contract and keep accurate records of such issues
- Ensure safe work conditions are maintained at all times
For further mahi related opportunities visit – www.nx2group.com
If you would like to apply for any of the positions through Hōkai Nuku please:
1. Email your CV, noting which position you are applying for and list
your Iwi/Hapū affiliations to:
2. These will be forwarded to the Northern Express Group Recruitment on
the day that they are received, who will then implement their own
recruitment process as per their attached pānui.
Pūhoi to Warkworth
The Pūhoi to Warkworth project will extend the four-lane Northern Motorway (State Highway 1) from the Johnstone’s Hill tunnels to just north of Warkworth. Building a safer, more reliable State Highway connection for motorists, freight and tourism will encourage economic growth and support expected population growth.
Warkworth to Wellsford
The Warkworth to Wellsford project is the second section of Ara Tūhono – Pūhoi to Wellsford Roads of National Significance. The project is now in an investigation phase which includes further technical assessments of routes identified in 2010 following community consultation.
The relationship between the Transport Agency and Hōkai Nuku as Treaty partners has been formalised in a relationship agreement.