EARTHWORKS COURSE (4 weeks). STARTING FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER, 2018
Get work ready on the Ara Tūhono, Pūhoi to Warkworth Motorway Project! This 4 week course based in the Warkworth, Auckland area will prepare you for groundworks or even an Operator role by teaching you the basics of working on a large infrastructure site.
- Practical driving on Site
- Dump Truck driving
- Environmental Labouring
- Basic Traffic controls
- Attend Tool Box & Pre start meetings
You will need:
- A Class 1 Driver’s License
On completing the course you will be taken on to the books of North & South Recruitment for paid employment opportunities on Ara Tūhono over the summer earthworks season.
This course is FREE and is being run by the Ministry of Social Development and North & South Recruitment. If you are already on social welfare, MSD will continue to pay your benefit while you train. An additional travel allowance to get to and from site may also be available.
If you are interested and have a Driver’s License, please contact Hōkai Nuku on 021 409 908 or email@example.com. We will put forward your name to the course coordinator.
Tonkin & Taylor & Geotechnics Ltd are in search of the following people:
BUSINESS SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR (Warkworth) – 2 positions
An opportunity has arisen for 2 outgoing Business Support Administrators to join Geotechnic’s project team in Warkworth. This will be a busy and varied role. It involves a variety of responsibilities. For the right person, this role will provide an opportunity to be part of a vibrant, growing team and develop their career within a supportive environment. These are fixed term positions until end of May 2019.
You will get involved in:
- Preparing Health and Safety documentation
- Data entry, report writing and invoicing
- General administrative tasks
Geotechnics are looking for someone who has personality and a positive attitude. You will have a desire to provide an outstanding experience for their customers.
- Great communicator, smart and assertive
- Strong organisational skills – you use common sense and know how to get things done
- Competent user of MS Office suite of applications
- Experience in the administration of project financial processes such as monthly invoicing, reports, expenses
- High professional standards and great attention to detail
- Sense of humour
- Flexible and able to relate well with others (clients and colleagues)
Geotechnics believe you should love your job and the environment you work in. Their team are an outgoing, sporty bunch, who enjoy after hours events and activities. They offer a social club, family events, team sport competitions, a well-being allowance and a highly competitive nationwide weekly quiz.
They have a great reputation within the market place through our belief in our core values of Health & Safety, Innovation, Empowerment, Knowledge & Learning, Honesty & Respect and Fun & Work Life Balance.
FIELD & LAB TECHNICIANS – (Fixed Term until June 2019)
This is a fantastic opportunity with Geotechnics Ltd (can be based in either Newmarket or Warkworth) to progress a career in a diverse industry. People are required at a range of experience levels for a full time roles as Field and Lab Technicians, on a fixed term contract basis until June 2019.
The work is varied and will involve:
- Geotechnical field testing and investigation
- Operation of heavy testing and soil sampling equipment
- Monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation
- Environmental monitoring
- Data entry and processing of results
The ideal person for this position will have:
- Drive to meet customer expectations
- Good communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative
- A good level of physical fitness as the role also involves heavy lifting of machinery
- The ability to understand and follow procedures
- The ability to work in a team or independently
- Willingness to get hands dirty and enjoy working outdoors
- Excellent time management skills
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- A full drivers licence and ability to operate a manual vehicle
Enjoy a sense of achievement from getting involved in a range of work, and thrive on the learning opportunities provided.
Applications close 17th August 2018. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
About Geotechnics Ltd:
Geotechnics Ltd is a specialist materials testing company, providing laboratory and field testing services to the civil and environmental engineering industry with offices in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington and Christchurch. They are a dedicated team who enjoy their work and like to have fun; they provide a friendly and professional environment for quality skilled people who focus on delivering first class, efficient solutions to our clients. At Geotechnics we aim to be “the best to work for and the best to work with”
Fletcher Acciona Joint Venture is in search for the following people:
CPS ENGINEER – (construction phase support) PROJECT ENGINEER LEVEL ROLE
In this role you will:
- Coordinate the CJV and DJV CPS to complete the responsibilities during construction, including coordination of the weekly schedules and daily activities of the assigned Construction Team,
- Ensures that the assigned Site and Office based DJV support teams have adequate authority relevant to their discipline and earlier design team responsibilities to provide guidance and respond to specific technical questions raised by the Construction Team,
- Notify the Construction Manager and Construction Teams of changes to DJV CPS site or office based support, responsibilities and lines of communication by issue of revised team organogram, Ensures the Construction Manager and Project Director are informed via Construction Observation Reporting, of any concerns identified by the CPS Team in regard to safety, compliance with Finalised Design Documentation, or quality.
- Ensure DJV CPS Team maintains complete and accurate Construction Observation documentation,
- Manage and administrates the master RFI register, distributes RFI design enquiries and responses to all relevant parties, reviews and differentiates between necessary change, design omission, inconsistency or proposed discretionary change and highlights with the relevant discipline, Design Team Lead and DJV CPS Management to determine the impact,
- Manage and administrates the master DEI register, coordinating formal instruction of necessary change as above to the Construction Team through the Document Controller,
- Coordinate the Design Team review of critical shop drawings prepared by Construction Team, suppliers and others, as requested by the supervising Project Engineer, for compliance with the Works Requirements
EARTHWORKS FOREMAN (South Zone)
You will be required to:
- Organise, coordinate and direct field construction activities in accordance with work schedules whilst constantly monitoring the status of planning and quality activities
- Assess and allocate priorities as necessary
- Maintain close contact with Supervisor and other Foreman to ensure continuity of job progress
- Monitor and review the performance of plant, labour and subcontractors to ensure production targets are met or bettered and take appropriate action as necessary
- Promptly advise management of any issues that could be variations to the contract and keep accurate records of such issues
- Ensure safe work conditions are maintained at all times
This role will require you to:
- Manage the Project Quality Plan in relation to the zone while establishing meaningful quality objectives that are aligned to the overall project objectives
- Facilitate continuous improvement programmes for all project based plans, processes and procedures
- Provide general support to all project staff on quality-related issues
Project Quality and Work Packs
- Manage the Work Pack system by ensuring all physical works are covered by the Work Plan
- Co-ordinate the quality requirements and outputs for all sub-contractor activities
- Implement a process to ensure that all testing requirements as identified by the ITPs (Inspection Test Plans) are adhered to and that any failures are flagged and addressed accordingly
- Maintain a suitable process to manage all incoming drawings with the end result in providing the required updated As-builts
- Ensure that all Work Packs are closed out appropriately and that all quality assurance documentation is captured
Auditing and Inspections
- Conduct regular internal audits (as determined by the project) on all Work Packs
- Conduct routine physical inspections of the work in progress, this includes inspections on sub-contractor and supplier activities
- Ensure all audit findings are documented, reviewed and closed-out in a timely manner while developing improvement strategies from the lessons learnt